Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Snow

It snowed about 2cm last night and now the place looks awesome. This is the view from my bedroom wondow and it usually looks pretty boring and dead in the winter. I don't really like the winter over here much, everything is dead or leafless and grey. I do enjoy the snow, but I still think it should stay in the mountains so I can visit it when I want to!
Sometimes there's blizzards here which dump 18 inches of snow! People can't get to work or school because they can't drive on the roads or can't even open their front doors! Crazy! Give me an Aussie winter anytime.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give me an Aussie winter now!
I'll take an American winter too, anything i can get... this heat is bad for those having to drive around during the day with no aircon.
hot and sweaty!
stay chilled bro

7:56 AM

 
Blogger Dboy said...

Yeah, aircon ftw. Not in my car I tell ya. I'd rather be sweaty than freezing though I have to admit.

9:49 PM

 
Blogger mudbrick said...

I'm looking forward to the summer here though. It's hot and more humid than Melb, but you can actually go outside and play sport rather than it being so hot and dry as to dehydrate you as soon as you set foot outside.

3:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would rather be freezing than sweaty, although I would rather freeze in an Aussie winter. Also, if you are at home sitting on the couch with a bird, they are more likely to snuggle up to you if you are both freezing than if you are both sweaty.

5:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't find that to be the case in my experience timbo...
the birds would rather fly into a window than snuggle up with me.
i had always thought it to be the silliness of the birds. However, now that i can see the broader situation and the alternative, i have begun on the journey of understanding the wisdom and choices of birds.
hopefully it won't take too long for me to comprehend why it is that they insist on chirping so loudly in the morning.

8:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home